05 August 2012

Pineapple skirt

Pineapple theme continues!
I finished this skirt quite a while ago, but didn't have decent pictures of me wearing it till last week.


 Here's the pattern that I used as a guideline:





































Finally my passion for pineapple patterns, that was born while I was making this (and let's be honest, that was not the most successful piece pineapple-wise), came to full realization.
But I didn't want to make the skirt all-pineapple, because 1) it's too much 2) I didn't want to make it lined.
So, I alternated the pattern to save pineapples for the hem:


All the rest is done in double crochet, but I would recommend single crochet for a less see-through effect.
I had a little bit of hard time in the beginning, because I decided to use zip fastener instead of more obvious and much easier elastic waistband. But, as usual, hundreds of fittings help (although this won't be an option when I'll be crocheting something for someone other than myself!).

Overall: proud with the result! The skirt is great for hot summer days.
Can't wait for more crochet accomplishments to take place!

No comments:

Post a Comment